When the temperature is on the rise, you know summer is just around the corner! But, finding food and drinks to stay cool, while still maintaining your dream vacation body, is never easy! Juicing may have been all the rage, but blending is the new, exciting drink trend blowing up our Instagram feeds... and it’s time you got on board with the superfood-smoothie craze.
Many of you may have already made the switch after finding out that blending, over juicing, ensures a nutrient- and fibre-dense drink. Smoothies are also super simple to make and can even be made into nutritious icy pops. Plus, it’s fun to mix ingredients and play around until you find the perfect, taste bud-titillating blend of flavours.
One of our favourite smoothie recipes here at The Organic Project, not only contains amino acids, which help repair damage to the body, but is also perfect for a pre-work out metabolism boost or a 3pm pick me up for those long afternoons:
What you need
- 1 avocado
- 4 fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup (180ml) young coconut water
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut flesh
- handful of fresh blueberries
- 6 raw cashews
- 1 cup (250ml) spinach
- 1 tsp (5ml) cold-pressed flaxseed oil (rich in your omegas)
- 1 tsp (5g) Dawn Metabolism Booster :)
- Cut the avocado and strawberries into chunks then place in a blender with the coconut water, coconut flesh and blueberries.
- Add the cashews, spinach and flaxseed oil.
- Finally, don’t forget to add your Dawn Metabolism Booster – the secret behind this amazing smoothie.
Voilà – a delicious superfood smoothies to get you going with this new craze that will not only cool you down, but will also keep you looking and feeling healthy (and super smooth!) and bring out your inner glow.
By Steph Mayhew
Image credit // Marian Kadlec