We are a month in to the New Year, and I know a lot of our resolutions focused on pressing the reset button when it comes to food and healthy eating habits - ours certainly did!
One of our go-to favourite recipes here at The Organic Project has to be Overnight Oats. They make a super easy, grab and go breakfast for busy days, while ensuring you’re not reaching for a quick and not so healthy option instead.
What are overnight oats? Instead of the traditional way of cooking oats on a stove top, you can soak the oats in milk which softens them enough to eat uncooked. You can leave them for a couple of hours, but ideally overnight… get it?
Overnight oats are packed full of health benefits, from their high fibre consistency, high protein content, antioxidant properties and the one we all love – leaving you feeling fuller for longer, which puts a halt to those snacking habits throughout the day.
This recipe is a great healthy breakfast option, that you can make the night before and store in the fridge throughout the week – ingredients can also be swapped or changed, depending on your likes and dislikes.
Pair this recipe with a glass of our Dawn Booster and you will have yourself a fully health packed morning, starting your day right - Have a read & let us know what you think!
What you need:
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g rolled porridge oats
- 100ml of plant-based milk (we use oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- 50g of mixed berries (frozen are perfect)
- Drizzle of Honey
How to make:
1. The night before, place the oats, cinnamon, oat milk & mixed berries in a bowl and mix well - you should now have thick consistency. For a smoother consistency, you can use a blender to mix.
2. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
3. Remove from the fridge the next day and stir through a small dash of your oat milk and stir lightly.
4. Serve up with natural yoghurt on top, a drizzle of honey and fresh fruit.