Summer is definitely here! But, finding food and drinks to stay cool every day, while still maintaining your healthy habits isn’t always easy – so we are sharing our favourite super food smoothie recipe with you, allowing you that sweet, refreshing treat, that isn’t filled with nasty preservatives.
One of the best and most convenient things about smoothie making, is there are no rules – blending your favourite foods into a nutrient rich and fibre dense drink, in next to no time – no brainer! Plus, it’s fun to mix ingredients and play around until you find the perfect, taste bud-titillating blend of flavours, just right for you.
One of our favourite smoothie recipes here at The Organic Project, not only contains amino acids, which help repair damage to the body, but is also perfect for a pre-work out metabolism boost or a 3pm pick me up for those long afternoons – have a read and let us know what you think:
What you need:
- 1 avocado
- 4 fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup (180ml) young coconut water
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut flesh
- handful of fresh blueberries
- 6 raw cashews
- 1 cup (250ml) spinach
- 1 tsp (5ml) cold-pressed flaxseed oil (rich in your omegas)
- 1 tsp (5g) Dawn Metabolism Booster
How to make:
- Cut the avocado and strawberries into chunks then place in a blender with the coconut water, coconut flesh and blueberries.
- Add the cashews, spinach and flaxseed oil.
- Finally, don’t forget to add your Dawn Metabolism Booster – our secret ingredient!
Voilà – a delicious superfood smoothie to scratch that sweet-tooth itch, and keep you glowing throughout the day.